World Culture Festival in New Delhi
The Art of Living Foundation is all set to host the World Culture Festival in New Delhi from 11th-13th March 2016. This will be the largest multi-ethnic, multi-cultural event in the world. The World Culture Festival is expected to host millions of people from over 155 countries celebrating 35 years of humanity, love, joy and happiness the organization has been spreading across the globe.
Highlights of World Culture festival
In my opinion this world Culture festival is going to a noble amalgamation of various cultures and diversity across the world. It has been always Sri Sri Ravishankr ji’s dream and vision for a world that celebrates diversity and unites hearts and minds in a time of strife in the world. A mind boggling figure of ‘155 countries’ is going to participate in this event. The event marks culmination of 35 years of service to humanity.
Some impressive highlights of this grand festival:
- Prime Minister of India Narendra Modi will give the inaugural address on March 11th and President of India Pranab Mukherjee will give the valedictory address on March 13th.
- The event will be spread over a massive area of 1000 acres and a stage which is over 7 acres. More than 1000 people are working on the stage and venue development on the grounds near Mayur Vihar metro station.
- More than 20,000 international guests are expected to join the majestic celebration to support the common objective of peace and harmony.
- The World Culture Festival will present India’s ancient dance forms such as Odissi, Bharatnatyam and Kathak. 3 Padma awardees are training the Bharatnatyam participants and the legendary Pt Birju Maharaj is choreographing the Kathak performance for the festival.
- The event is supported by the Ministry of Culture and the Ministry of Tourism, Government of India, the Sangeet Natak Akademi, the Lalit Kala Akademi and the National School of Drama.
- Around 35,973 artists are expected to perform at the festival including 8,000 musicians playing 40 instruments in a Musical Symphony.
- 650 drummers from South Africa and several tribal artists from Indian states such as Chhattisgarh, Maharashtra, Sikkim and others will get an opportunity to showcase their talent to the world.
- A significant highlight of this event will be a massive peace meditation led by Gurudev Sri Sri Ravi Shankar ji which will be telecast live worldwide making it possible for hundreds of thousands of others to join in.
The Art of Living Foundation is also organizing The Global Leadership Forum, co-hosted by the World Forum of Ethics Business in New Delhi on the 12th and 13th March 2016. This will bring together senior leaders from business, government, politics, science, NGOs, faith-based organizations, sports, academia and media to reflect on the paradigms of leadership needed to maneuver the world of today.
The inspiration for the World Culture Festival comes from 35 years of service to humanity by Art of Living founder Gurudev Sri Sri Ravi Shankar ji, renowned humanitarian and spiritual leader and an ambassador of peace.
‘The Art of Living completes 35 years of service to humanity in 2016. To commemorate this momentous occasion, World Culture Festival is being organized in New Delhi on March 11, 12, and 13. The event is open to all and the entry is free. Write to email@example.com or call on +9211135555 between 9:30 am to 6:30 pm IST for any assistance.’