The One Minute Writing Blog
A couple of weeks back I took part to write for a prompt in the One Minute Writer blog. The prompt was ‘FRAME’.
The One Minute Writer is a very interesting blog by C. Beth. A unique idea, prompts are given each day of the week. The way it works is something like this:
1. Read the daily writing prompt.
2. Push “Play” on the timer on the right side of the screen.
3. Spend 60 seconds or less writing a response to the daily prompt.
For the prompt ‘Frame’ one had to write about: If you could frame a moment of your life, and experience it again every time you saw it, what moment would you choose? I am glad to mention here that my response was judged as the best response for the day. It was:
Given a chance I would like to frame the moment when I saw my first child rise up on her tiny feet and took the first step forward. She did not falter one bit and a prayer slipped out of my mind, may she always be able to take confident steps throughout her life.
Well, it didn’t end there. I was pleasantly surprised to find myself as the winner of the week from 7/12 to 7/17. It meant from the five daily winners of that week, my response was judged the best. I am so thrilled.
Hop over to her blog and try out your writing skills. It can help
– English teachers looking for journaling ideas for their students.
– Bloggers with writer’s block.
– Writers who want to start journaling daily.
– Toastmasters looking for Table Topics prompts.
Go! Write! All the best!