Tagged: animals

Wordless – 350

Inviting your captions and titles on my wordless moments. ————————————————————————————————————————- Thank you very much dear friends for all your lovely captions in my previous post. Few of your captions here: 1. Turning over a...

My Orangutan Encounter

The rain forest of Borneo, Malaysia is home to Orangutans. Orangutans are large gentle creatures and you will be surprised to know 98% of their DNA matches with us humans. (Probably the other 2%...

RIP Polo!

Today I was saddened reading the death of Polo, South Asia’s only gorilla at Mysore zoo, Karnataka. He was 43! The normal life span of gorillas is 35, but Polo outlived that. Born in...

Animal Themed Sculptures in Basel

There are some interesting animal themed sculptures and installations in Basel. At each bend of the streets there, we would find either a frog popping out or fish crawling over walls and many more....

Squirrel Watching

The latest visitor to my balcony garden is a little squirrel. It is the Indian Palm Squirrel breed more popularly known as the Three Stripped Palm Squirrel. My daughters often scatter a few grains...

Infancy in Animals, Mysore Zoo

Infancy is the most captivating stage not just in humans, but even in animals and birds. I don’t know how it is in fish, but after seeing ‘Finding Nemo’ I believe they too have...