Eiffel Tower Light Show at The Parisian Macao, Macao
I was completely mesmerised by the sight of Eiffel Tower as I was entering Parisian Macao Resort. Anybody would be! While the size of this Eiffel Tower is half of the original one in Paris, its location right in front of the Luxury Hotel has enhanced the grandeur of The Parisian Macao several times. Some brilliant planning there!
I have seen the original one in Paris, yet instead of reducing the awe factor around it, this recreated model has taken the captivating feel to a newer level! As night set in the Eiffel tower light show started. It was lit up completely from top to bottom. It seemed to be dripping of several colors with some accompanying music. The view of this lit up Eiffel Tower from the north facing hotel rooms is grand. Do try and select those rooms if you are making a reservation in the hotel.
Here are some facts on Eiffel Tower construction in front of Parisian Macao.
- The height of The Parisian Macao’s Eiffel Tower is roughly equivalent to a 38-storey building and is approximately one half the height of the 324-metre-tall Paris tower.
- The base of our Eiffel Tower is approximately half the width of the 125-metre-wide base in Paris.
- More than 2,800 tonnes of steel was used to build The Parisian Macao’s Eiffel tower.
- 853,000 decorative rivets are used on this tower, while functional rivets are used in Paris.
- More than 4,500 design drawing were made for the tower.
- To build this tower, as many as 130 construction workers were on hand at one time.
- It took just over a year to build the structure of The Eiffel Tower at The Parisian Macao.
- The Parisian Macao’s Eiffel Tower was completed on October 15, 2015. Gustave Eiffel’s structure in Paris was completed on March 31, 1899. There are 116 years between the completions of the two towers.
- Several replica Eiffel Towers exist in the world. Of all the replicas, The Parisian Macao’s Eiffel Tower is the tallest and most realistic.
- There are more than 740 steps for maintenance workers leading to the top of The Parisian Macao’s Eiffel Tower.
- The Parisian Macao’s Eiffel Tower includes more than 6,600 lights and 26 kilometres of electrical cabling, which is equivalent to 10 times of the length of Governador Nobre de Carvalho bridge.
- Numerous anchoring points on the tower change the large number of light bulbs illuminating the structure. They have a well-trained, specialist team to carry out this important task.
- Two lifts take passengers to the top observation level of The Parisian Macao’s Eiffel Tower. The time to reach the top is approximately 40 seconds.
The Eiffel Tower Light Show
Watch out for the illumination shows of The Parisian Macao Eiffel Tower. The spectacular nightly light and sound that features on the façade of the tower creates a shimmering beacon on the Cotai Strip. This Eiffel Tower light show at dusk provides an ideal backdrop for photo opportunities. Daily light show is available from 6 p.m. to 12 a.m. with music every 15 minutes. The tower is always lit. (Note: Light show schedule is subject to change.)
Love Lock Bridge
They have even created a replica of Pont des Arts, though not to any scale. Only the River Seine is missing. This Love Lock Bridge is the open-air bridge. It connects the main building to the Eiffel Tower 7/F observation deck. If you are keen to put a lock there you can bring your own or purchase one at the souvenir kiosk on the 7/F observation deck. (A note here: the company reserves the right to remove or refuse locks deemed inappropriate or a potential safety hazard.)
Observation Deck of Eiffel Tower, The Parisian Macao
11 a.m. to 11 p.m. (weather permitting; last entry 10:30 p.m.)
Eiffel Tower Observation Deck Tickets are available at Eiffel Tower Souvenir Shop (Shop 550, Level 5)
+853 8111 2768 or +853 8111 2763
Cost of Tickets
7/F & 37/F: Adults MOP 100, children (12 and under) MOP 80
7/F & 37/F Family Package (two adults, two children): MOP 288
* Rates are for a two- hour session